Why & how could we combine "BYOD" + "4K multivewer" ?
"BYOD" devices are boosting in 2015. When people are talking about "BYOD", the "Multiviewer" will be mentioned a lot of times. Why ? Is "Multiviewer" the same as new "4K Multiviewer" ? What's the hidden need and opportunity behind it ?
If it's a true added-value, how could we address it by a future-proof solution ?
What's the initial concept of "BYOD" ?
Wireless transmit all kinds of personal devices onto local visualization system.
1. Wireless, free of wiring/installation
2. Accommodate the coming vast smart/mobile devices, android/IOS powered tablet, mobiles, pad etc.
3. Save the hardware cost for origination, by occupying the mobile devices as AV source devices
1. Can not transmit 4K signal wireless from source device to display
2. Can't transmit none-OS source devices easily from source devices to display, or has to refer to wired codec.
Do we really need the wireless BYOD devices ?
The answer is definitely "Big Yes", because it enables the revolutionary possibility.
What's the initial concept of "multiviewer"
Wire transmit all kinds of AV source onto local visualization system.
1. can monitor more informative source at the same time
Do we really need Multiviewer ?
The answer is "it depends". In other words, it's created by a push and pull drive.
1. Firstly, it is created by a push from some limits. The core limit is we can't switch the source as quickly as we move our eye from one window to another or we blank. Because even there are four screen displaying at the same time, human's eye can only stay on one at a time.
2. Secondly, it is created by a pull from the small resolution of source, but bigger resolution of display. If the source is small enough, it's possible to be pixel-to-pixel display on a big enough screen at the same time.
3. Thirdly, another important pull drive is, different people could watch different viewers at different time. It means, each attendee could choose to watch or even show their source independently on a certain viewer.
What's the difference between "Multiviewer" and "4K multiviewer" ?
"Multiviewer": Mostly accept full-HD source, but has to down-scale into 960x540 to display on a total full-HD/1080P screen.
"4K Multiviewer": Can accept max 4K source, and can display it at 4K full screen; or accept max 4 full-HD scource to display it at a quad-viewer layout.
4K multiviewer can display four full-HD source without compromising any pixel loss, and could fill the pixels of larger-size/more pixel visualization system, like 4K screen.
Do we really need "4K-Multiviewer" ?
The answer is "Finally YES". "4K-multiviewer" has all the advantages of "Multiviewer", but also solves the problem of pixel compromise. As 4K is dominating for the next 3-5 years, "4K multi-viewer" will stand out more obviously.
After looking through the history of BYOD, Multiviewer and 4K multiviers, Pros and Cons, how shall we address the hidden need and opportunity ?
What's the maximum resolution BYOD tech could offer ?
Firstly we has to know the current wireless technology's ability to handle resolution. The best current wireless transmission technologies can deal with maximum 1080P.
If we can get the source max at 1080P, how could we get four times of 1080P to be displayed on a same full-HD or 1080P screen ? Answer is, we have to downscale it to be less to 960x540 for a multiviewer display. It it's an informative rich source, it's a risk to do that.
What's the maximum resolution multi-viewer or 4K multi-viewer tech can offer ?
Typical low level multi-viewer can only handle four 960x540 inputs to be combined into a full-HD/1920x1200 output for display on a full-HD screen.
Medium Lite 4K Multi-viewer, can be an interim solution to accept four full-HD to be combined into a 4K/UHD/3840x2160 for display on a 4K/UHD screen.
Ideal 4K Multi-viewer shall be better to accept at least four full-HD/4K input, can combine any certain of them to show 4K, or to accept four full-HD be combined into a into a 4K/UHD/3840x2160 for display on a 4K/UHD screen.
Shall we combine the leading BYOD tech and the leading 4K multiviewer tech to be a future-proof solution ?
We made a drawing to get a perfect solution for this target, as bellows
BYOD system could accept all kinds of OS-powered devices maximum full-HD, and output a full-HD/4K output resolution. WMT1 wireless show-me button could help enough to be a controllable remote for each PC source attendee.
4K-Multiviwer system could accept BYOD devices plus all other 4K PC/lap-top, and lots of useful 4K none-os devices, including 4K Blue-ray players, visualizer, VC endpoint, even the decoder to accept IP stream remotely. CC11HS/CC11DS wire 4K-support show-me button could help enough to be a controllable remote for each attendee's source devices.
This total solution considers all the disadvantages which are mentioned above, and clearly draw out a detailed concept diagram, about how shall we consider a future-proof complete solution to address both the need of BYOD and multiviewer, rather than an interim staff.
"WirelessMedia" x 1 sets, including WMT1 x 2-4pc, WMB1 x 1pc
"MS741" x 1 pc
4K screen x 1 pc
Visualizer / VC endpoint / Decoder x 1 pc
(Attention: this drawing could be flexible for different application, like typical huddl room for enterprise, active learning classroom / lectern hall for school etc. )
Last, we shall not forget the three core requirement for new BYOD system, which is flexibility, mobility and interactivity. We may need to add an important requirement, which is future-proof or expandability, which shall be strongly required after we solved the first issues of "Have or not".
For more detail, please visit www.grastron.com
Released by Grastron Products Team